Apr 14, 2012

City of Bones, by Cassandra Clare

Title: City of Bones
Author: Cassandra Clare
Target Audience: Young Adult
Pages: 442
Chapters: 24
Genre: Fantasy / Mystery / Romance
Series: 1-City of Bones, 2-City of Ashes, 3-City of Glass, 4-City of Fallen Angels
Person: Third
Tense: Past
Rating: 8.5/10

Blurb (quoted):
“It’s after dark in New York City, and Clary Fray is seeing things. The best-looking guy in the nightclub just stabbed a boy to death – but the victim has vanished into thin air. Her mother has disappeared, and a hideous monster is lurking in her apartment. With her life spiralling into darkness, Clary realizes that she has stumbled into an invisible war between ancient demonic forces and the secretive Shadowhunters – a war in which she has a fateful role to play.”

Judgement:
First and foremost, I must say I absolutely loved this book, and the only reason it didn’t get a higher rating is because I was incredibly frustrated with the ending, which I can’t go into more detail about without spoilers.
The story line is exactly my cup of tea; it’s got an amazing fantasy aspect fused into the world as we know it, and the storyline is captivating (though I wasn’t sure what genre to class it as…). The plot is well constructed, consistent, and mysterious, though I have to say the drastic twist near the end was upsetting and I am now eager to read the second and pray something is not as it seems…
Descriptions aren’t lacking in this book and it became a movie screen in my mind – definitely a page-turner.
I loved this book, I’m keep for the next, and I definitely recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment